Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Boating on Crutches Sucks

I have an appointment tomorrow that I'm not looking forward to. Last time I had an appointment it was for 10 something in the morning. I didn't get in until 3 something. Ridiculous. It's hard to sit there it's so uncomfortable when you have a broken bone. Easy if you have a broken arm but not leg. The fracture clinic is kind of far from a door so it's a long way to crutch. I'm worried about crutching it there because the crutches kind of rub on my sides and we all know what that means.

I have about 10 pins in my ankle somewhere and I was told I'd have to get 2 taken out. I'm not looking forward to that. I wonder how they will do it I mean my two slices are healing pretty nicely I think. Will I get a new slice to take out these two pins? will they slice on an existing slice? How will they make it so it doesn't hurt? I guess I'll found out tomorrow.

I went up to our family boat in Victoria Harbour. I didn't really want to go but I went because my mom hasn't really been able to go anywhere because of me. We stayed two nights on the boat. One night was enough for me...on the second morning I was ready to get the hell out of there. It was beautiful and all but it was just way too uncomfortable and I must say boring. Here they were swimming and movin about the boat as they like while I'm confined to a sun bed not daring to get up incase of losing balance with the waves and falling. I'm glad we were all able to get out and my mom didn't have to worry about me being at home alone or something like that but still I don't want to be on the boat if I'm still on crutches. I'm sure I'll have to go again soon but I'm hoping it won't have to be until I can walk on my own.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home