Saturday, December 01, 2007

Lesson Learned

I learned a valuable lesson today.

If you are left handed and are purchasing something from a store and happen to notice the person is left handed too, DO NOT MENTION YOU ARE LEFT HANDED AS WELL.

This was my downfall. I was in this antique store today and I bought a gift for a friend. The lady was writing up my bill and I noticed she was left handed. I said oh you're left handed so am I. What a mistake. She proceeds to tell me it's messed her up. And when she was little she was forced to be right handed. And she's on a low dose of schitzo medication to make her left and right lobes work together. It was really weird. And very awkward. Nice lady but just a very uncomfortable situation for me.

Why can't I just go places and buy shit without hearing people's fucked up life stories? Is it me or is it weird to just tell random people you've never seen before your whole weird life story? Would you ever do that? I know I wouldn't.

I didn't even know what to say. "oh that sucks that your parents made you be right handed", "I'm sorry to hear that the fact that you were forced to be right handed gave you a speach problem and you had to go to a speach therapist". Awkward.

Oh Well

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

May I say here that I totally understand? As a customer service employee, life stories are not new to me. "Did you need any other sandwiches?" I ask. "Oh, no, this one isn't for me anyway. It's for my mom. She's really sick. We took her to the hospital yesterday because she had chest pains, but it turns out it's nothing to worry about. But we were all really worried anyway...." I DON'T GIVE A SHIT. That simple. I just want to know if you want any other fucking sandwiches I can make for you. So yeah, I totally get it.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, that's actually interesting. It's like hearing about a new story for free.

That's what socializing is all about.

Happens to me all the time too, I learn stuff.

Happy Holidays!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Sounds like she had diarrhea of the mouth... It happens to me all the time, I have a real big problem with blurting out things that are totally inappropriate and personal. I've gotten better with age, but it still happens every now and again.

4:40 PM  
Blogger M said...

Next time you should just silently stare at them letting your eyes get bigger and bigger while they carry on.

Once they are done just turn around and walk away.

How cool would that be ?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WHERE R U?????

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home