Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Things I Miss

I was driving home today from baseball (we lost, no surprise) and saw these two kids walking home from some pond with fishing rods and gear. It really made me yearn for summer vacation. I miss it. I want it back. To literally bum around for two whole months, what the hell else could you wish for? Not get dressed for a couple days? SUMMER VACATION YOU ROCK AND I MISS YOU!

I miss talking on the phone with friends for hours. Seems like no one calls anyone anymore unless they have a reason. I fall into that category too. I feel like I'm bothering people if I call them. Which makes no sense because I love it when people call me and I'm totally not being bothered. But then I don't have a life and most everyone else does.

But did you ever do that? Spend hours on the phone with friends talking about nothing? My one friend and I used to watch two shows one after the other, 2 hours, on the phone, we really only talked during commercials about what just happened, or we'd laugh at the same time at something. I miss those days and I miss doing that. I miss getting yelled at to get off the phone.

I miss the days when I didn't menstrate. Menstrating sucks. I hate my angry uterus. I'm pretty sure it hates me too considering how much of a bitch it is to me.

I miss having friends within walking distance of me. Especially when I becamse legal to drink. Sucks not being able to stumble home drunk!

I miss going out and stealing road signs. No we weren't drinking. Many times I woke up the next day with a sore stomach from laughing so hard. Fuck those times were so funny. We'd drive around on farm roads at night and pick signs to steal. It didnt' really matter what signs. Just that we stole them. One summer we went around stealing all the "food for sale" signs, you knwo the ones like "sweet corn" and "Fresh strawberries". We collected a lot and stashed them in a friend's garage. This was done with the intent of putting them all on my other friend's yard so people would think they had shit for sale. Alas her father found the signs and tossed them. So sad, that would have been hilarious!!

I miss being skinny. I was really skinny, then something happened. Puberty? I don't know. I've been told there's a medical reason for this but I don't really want to find out what it is. I think it will be scary. I'm working on it though. I should really make sure I don't die...I guess.

What do you miss?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home