Monday, September 22, 2008

"It could be worse"

That saying is meant to make people feel better but it creates the opposite in me. Thinking it could be worse and that other people have it worse makes me feel shitty for feeling shitty about my situation in the first place.

About two weeks before my ankle was broken I was laid off from my job. I haven't worked in 3 months. Back in June when I was looking for a job there wasn't anything. I'm afraid to look now. And to be honest I don't know what to look for. I don't really want to do what I was doing previously. But I don't know what I'd rather do. Well I do know, but there's no way I can see to make money at it. So I feel stuck. I had thought maybe I'll just work at a temp agency until I figure it out. I feel lost and directionless. I don't know what to do, and I don't really want to do anything. The annoying part is I'm so bored all the time but I don't want to do anything at all. Sounds exactly like being stuck.

I don't know what to do. Sometimes I'm so envious of people who have found a job they love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't worked in 5 years. Running out of money. I don't know what to do either, and don't really want to do anything. Let me know how you get unstuck will ya?

9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oy. Okay, I hate my job. Does that make you feel better? I doubt it will, but take solace in the fact that I'm 33 years old and work in the same deli I started in when I was 17. 17!! However, I'm in school studying something I love so that I won't be stuck there forever....have faith! Okay, now I sound like a religious zealot, and that's SOOO not my intention. Find something and go for it!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home