Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Down With Emotions

Have you ever wondered what life would be like without certain pesky emotions? I do! How about sadness. Wouldn't it be great if you could never get sad. You could remember great times with someone who is long gone with happiness and not miss them so horribly.

What about Anger? You could say something to someone without them going psycho on you and not even listening to what you have to say. This would also stop people from being so damn defensive.

What about being able to hear the truth without getting hurt? and just hearing what someone has to say and taking it for what it is and NOT a personal attack.

I wonder if we would be like robots or something. Maybe not since we'd still be able to love, and be happy. Do you think missing those emotions would make you happier? I think it would. I mean without those emotions why wouldn't you be smiling all the time?

Or what about feeling the need to give a fake smile? wouldn't it be nice if you could get away with not smiling when you don't feel like it? That would be sweet. I'm so sick of giving people fake smiles, but then i don't want to deal with the probing questions that inevitably come along, like "What's wrong?"...NOTHING does something need to be wrong just because i won't SMILE AT YOUR STUPID JOKE or something that isn't funny to begin with????????

it would just be nice to be able to turn certain ones off if i so wished. or to tell people to turn their annoying emotions off.

Aw my dad just came home with flowers for my mom...i wonder what the occasion is. Rarely does he do this so it makes me wonder. I've never gotten flowers before. I'm not saying i feel like i'm missing out but you know it would really give me the chance to actually USE the million vases i have laying around that i've made. I guess its not that its flowers but the act of getting someone something for no reason that is nice.

6 Comments:

Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

ok i give in i sent you a picture, i hope you're happy now!!!

11:49 PM  
Blogger TYSEN said...

So, if you were happy all the time wouldn't being content (mild happiness) seem sad when compared to ecstatic joy (spicy happiness)? I like to say, "you can't have the sweet without the sour." I think we need those emotions, but it would be nice to be able to suspend them when needed. "Anger your on a 10 min time-out!"

Oh and to be emotionless means you're a Vulcan from Star Trek!

8:49 AM  
Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

I'll state the obvious...i never said lets not have emotions at all...just some of them would be nice to not have.

without at least some emotions you wouldn't be able to laugh and i'm not cool with no laughing, its what gets me through the day!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am on effexor and some other type of antidepressant that I cant pronounce let alone spell and they make me kind of emotion-less. Numb. It's good (considering my alternative which is very very not good)

It's also good for my friends who can say "Your ass looks huge" or "sorry, I just rammed your car again" and the biggets reaction they'll get is a "uh huh"
But it's pretty bad too because I tend to tell them theirs butts look big and expect the same non-reaction.

I agree with tysen though, I guess without the 'psychotically angry' or the 'suicidally depressed' emotions you could have the 'deliriously happy' ones either.

2:21 AM  
Blogger M said...

I could do without anger...but then what the hell would I have to blog about ????

Have a great weekend

(insert fake smile)

(sorry I couldnt resist...)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Beezaleez said...

You know whats annoying?!

That you don't have any new posts...I check everyday and still NOTHING!

Get on that!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home