Friday, February 10, 2006

A Great Time

I've been taking my time with this post because i wanted to put some thought into and not just throw something out there like every other post i do.

So it was my birthday on tuesday (the seventh) and the saturday before that..i think the fourth my bestest friend since forever had me over to her place to celebrate.

now i am not the type of person that likes to celebrate anything about myself so i was a little uncomfortable but good intentions should never go unnoticed so i took her up on it. And besides i hadn't been to her new place which i felt bad about anyway so what more of an opportunity could i ask for?

my day started out shitty by me deciding i would slice my thumb open and bleed all over the place. and you know now that i think of it if i had been watching myself doing what i did i would have been like WTF ARE YOU DOING? oh to be an outsider looking in. it was because of this that i realized i would NOT want to live without a thumb. it took me FOREVER to fucking have a shower after that. you really need your thumb for a lot of daily activities. i even had a really REALLY hard time buttoning up my jeans. Moral of the story: Have a shower and THEN slice your thumb off!!!

anyway i finally made it to her place and was surprised at how nice it was. she lives in a basement appartment and i'd always heard of how shitty and crappy they are so i didn't really have any expectations other than it would be crappy. but it was SO nice. The only thing i could complain about is those fuckers upstairs. honestly who lets their kids just fucking jump up and down on the floor when other people are living below. how rude can you be? if it were me i'd be paranoid about that. though i think sometimes i'm overly considerate of other people. for example i never close a door unless i turn the handle first so i don't make that door closing noise, sometimes its loud.

We decided we would make sushi for dinner and sangria to drink. We ended up being very surprised we could actually make the sushi. normally we'd make my dad do it because we thought it was hard. but i guess its not as hard as we thought. that was fun, very time consuming though. But you don't really notice when you're drinking and talking.

It was nice to just talk. I'm not a big talker but drunk talking is the best. you have no inhabitions and you just say stuff you normally wouldn't say. What i liked the best about it is that we talked like we used to. I don't feel like we've done that in a long time, not since our high school days. it was just a good long ass talk that lasted for hours with breaks for drinking and the bathroom.

We stayed up late, drinking, talking, watching (i use the word watching loosely since we talked through the whole movie) movies. the next day however was not so nice. of course i had to be sick. then on the way home i just had to go the wrong way and up some middle of nowhere road full of snow and drive into a fucking ditch. i don't feel AS stupid because the chick behind me did the exact same thing at the exact same time as i. All i have to say is thank god for the kindness of strangers. if it weren't for that guy in his truck pulling my little car out of the ditch i would have had to call a tow truck and who knows how fucking long that would have taken. plus counting the fact that i was on a road in the middle of nowhere. actually, come to think of it a lot of people stopped to ask if i needed a phone, or if they could just help. dont' get me wrong there were also a number of people who drove by slowly staring at our two cars sitting in the ditch, to those fuckers i say FUCK YOU AND I HOPE YOUR EYES SHRIVEL UP AND FALL OUT YOU BASTARDS!!

Those two things considered i still had a great weekend and was made to feel like i was loved and someone special. it still made me feel uncomfortable but i really appreciated it and not a lot of people would open up their home to my drunkeness and free up a whole day just for me, what i want to do, what i want to drink, what i want to eat.

So thanks to my bestest friend who i really couldn't imagine not having in my life. I think i would feel empty and like i'm missing something. and i really would be missing more than words can express. Its funny how important people become to you in your life and you don't really even realize it until you sit and think or something happens.....nothing happend i just get really fucking bored at work and have nothing better to do.....

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

"Its funny how important people become to you in your life and you don't really even realize it until you sit and think or something happens..."

This is so true. Your birthday night sounds wonderful, especially the sushi and sangria. Next weekend I am going to see my best friend of almost 15 years. I cant wait to just be near here, it has been too long...

9:35 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Happy friggin birthday!

I would spank you, but that is really hard to do when your typing.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home