Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nice Day

Today was a nice day. it was nice and sunny out, cold but still pretty.

i slept in woke up showered went upstairs and started a new project. both my parents said it was neat looking but i don't really trust their opinion...they're my parents what else are they going to say...oh that sucks what the hell are you doing?..ya i dont think so.

anyway then we went out to lens mills to pick some new fabric to re-upholster my bed frame. i love this bed frame. its made to come out of the corner of a room. it was carpeted before which was so dated and it smelt like old people so i've wanted to redo this for a long time.

after lots of walking around searching and searching i found something i really like. my first instict was to go with something blue since blue is the best color and nothing is as good. but then i decided against it. i wanted something timeless, classy, and elegant. as well as something that was somewhat neutral to make it easy to decorate around. blue is hard to do that with. besides i'd much rather have fun finding blue accents. for example i saw some awsome fabric for pillows so HOLLA. and what goes better with blue than gold? (the color of my new fabric) well its gold and creme so not all gold and tacky. in fact this fabric reminds me of something you'd see in a really extremely expensive hotel. well anyway i like it. an di'll have fun picking fabrics to create pillows and such around it.

this bed is also cool, as i said it was made to come out of the corner of a room. it was designed by the guy who designed and built the CN Tower. i say that's pretty cool in itself. i think the main reason i like it is because you don't often see bed frames that are made to come out of the corner of a room. i like having things that not many other people have. i hate having the same thing as someone else...i'm a leader not a follower!!!...well most times haha.

today was my first day dealing with the three dogs. it was annoying. they fucking jump up all the time and it seems the owner doesn't believe in cutting a dog's nails so they've become like these sharp needle like talons. very painful to say the least. i had to resort to smacking one on the nose a couple times...yelling did nothing. she got the message after awhile. i dont normally resort to that but some dogs just don't get it. and it seem she is not one to get it. she constantly is provoking the alpha female. which i found amusing and highly entertaining. she knows she's going to piss off that alpha female and eventually get her ass kicked but she still does it anyway. interesting.

then i came home and had a rye and coke. i havn't had rye in so long. i forgot how smooth it was and how YUMMY! mmm i might have to add that to my collection that i'm starting to assemble. slowly but surely. i tried a new wine on friday. it was really great, one produced in niagara on the lake. very sweet tasting.

well anyway i can't even think of anything else i did interesting how i didn't really do anything but had a great day...cool!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

from looking outside today, i almost forgot it was winter. it looked like a warm spring day.

im trying to picture your bed frame, but can't really see it. i'd need to see a picure-i'll have to google it :)

good luck with the dogs-3 are A LOT!!!!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Beezaleez said...

Haha Rocks, we both know 3 is a lot...BUT 4 or 5 is more!!! But once you have 3, whats one more, right?! :)

I also found a great wine this weekend, and I havent found one I liked in a while so I was also happy! Mine was a Sawmill Creek Riesling, if you havent tried it, you should!

AND I can't wait to see your new bed fabric, sounds really nice!

11:18 AM  
Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

Dawn: you won't find it on google its one of a kind.

Beez: i enjoy sawmill's rose so i'll try that reisling. though right now i'm working my way through various rose wines. but once i'm done that i'll move onto white wines.

11:23 AM  
Blogger M said...

Post a picture ! I need some visual aids before I can render my opinion....

11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Corner bed frame sounds cool. I always wanted a dinning room set that was a booth like in the restaurants.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I need pics of the bed frame. I want one like that. Need ideas. Please. Pretty Please?

POST THE PICTURES!

Ahem.. sorry - I've been moody.

:)

6:00 PM  
Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

this is funny, i came home from dog sitting "the trio" (don't even get me started on those fuckers) to see that my dad stole a digital camera from work SO NOW I CAN TAKE PICS

omg i'm going to go picture crazy i just know it!!! you guys don't get to see pics of my bed until its re-upholstered!!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home