Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day 2

Today was day 2 of new chick. She's not so bad i guess. i still reserve my judgement for a later time. We had our first project today which was to redesign/write our advertising brochure which is what we send people when they say "send me some more info".

so ok i really didn't think there was anything that wrong with what we already had save it might be a little long. but whatever i'm up to a redesign its kinda fun right? well anyway she's starting to get on my nerves.

some things started seeming a little odd. just little things she was saying she didn't understand, little things she was saying she didn't know about computers as well as programs, for example
"i don't know microsoft word all that well"
me: "oh so do you have a mac or something else like that?"
new chick (nc): "no i just havn't used it in awhile"
at this point i was thinking huh? cuz she seems really young so i was thinking it can't be that long since you've had to do shit on the computer for school. now i should say we hired her for a marketing position.
later on while we're discussing things for changes and reason for why the change or why something should be added or cut she's saying things that just don't seem right or kind of weird to me. and she's disagreeing with things i'm saying. now ok i'm not suggesting my way is always the right way. but it just didnt' seem right. i've taken marketing classes and business classes and done some research on writing business materials so i kind of have a good reason for suggesting certain things.

anyway i offered to drive her home because she'd have to take the bus home and i loathe the bus plus i dont know if i'm stupid but i find the guelph bus system totally confusing. off the cuff i asked her what she took in school and what do you think she said? fucking sociology WTF IS THAT ???? how in HELL is that related to marketing..sure its the study of people but wtf? NO WONDER she didn't know those things that i thought was odd she didn't know. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT.

her proposed changes are really bugging me and now even more since she really has no basis except she just thinks it looks good or something. oh well i'm going to go with the flow and see how it turns out, her one idea is just pissing me off and i'm going to put my foot down. i don't think she understands the purpose of this brochure and she's totally going to make it stupid looking. i don't even want to work on this anymore EF!!!

On another note i found out what those buckets were...my first inkling was correct they ARE sap buckets. so weird. i mean i always thought of a bunch of trees lined in a feild. it must just be some person making their own maple syrup. when i was driving i saw the spiguts(sp?) banged into the trees so that's how i know.

Today's Piece of Advice: if you stand on a piece of tempered glass it will break. How do I know this? I stood on a large sheet of tempered glass I had on my carpeted bedroom floor. It was only one foot but it was most of my weight. It cracked, rather like shattering, but tempered glass doesn't "shatter" per say. it was kind of cool, i was kind of pissed since that's what i use when i'm doing my little designs and i need a flat surface, but we have a bunch more sheets so its all good. plus i can use the pieces for a new glass project i've had in mind for about 3 weeks now...still not ready to put it into production but i'm getting close to chancing a try.

OH one more thing before I leave you to whatever exciting and much more fun things you're doing with your day than I am. I have decided i'm going to buy a sandblaster. in no way can i afford it in a monetary sense. but i feel like i can't afford not to in a sanity, and emotional well being kind of way. i think i need it. for one thing i've had a TON of sandblasting ideas which i havn't been able to put into motion so that would really clear up my idea board which is over flowing ATM. and another thing i'm really feeling like i'm having no fun at all these days.

the whole friends area is sucking and i really don't feel like going out and making more. no one lives around here and i hate to say it but i just don't feel like driving forever to go visit. sure that makes me a shitty friend but i'm just so tired all the time it seems and the thought of driving there and back does NOT appeal to me. AT ALL! so why not just immerse myself in something i love and enjoy? i think i might be getting used to never seeing friends or just once in a blue moon. is that bad? i'm not even like OMG I HAVE TO SEE SO AND SO or OMG I'M TOTALLY MISSING SO AND SO. i guess that's bad...or i'd feel bad if someone said that about me...well maybe i wouldnt' care i guess it would depend on the day and mood i'm in lol. but as i said i think i'm jsut getting used to never seeing friends anymore. maybe the socializing at work is all i can deal with ... its about 30mins haha. so bad yup i think i'm going to be a shut in!!

plus i'm really hoping to get my dad involved with the sandblasting. he could do some really amazing things i think. he's 10 times more talented than i WISH i could be. he just has a really creative mind for these sort of things. i bet i could sell his stuff. i just need to figure out in which arena...maybe a website but i don't feel like doing all the marketing and advertising that needs to be done to get people to find the website. but whatever i'm just looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. as well as trying somethings i've been thinking of. UGH the possibilities...ok i have to stop or i won't be able to sleep!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

how the hell did new chick get hired for that position-im scratching my head over here.

i hear ya on the friend thing. i grew up in toronto, so thats where the majority of my close friends are. i have no desire to drive over there(although its really not that far). getting together once in a while is good enough for me :)

i dont think its bad at all, about not wanting to see them. i think it's just life.

12:51 AM  
Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

I DON'T GET IT EITHER. i'm still banging my head against the desk trying to understand.

i totally understand the once in awhile thing for sure. I'm just kinda feeling like i dont' want a ton of people around me right now. even my family is too much. i'm sure if i lived by myself i would be singing a different tune but i'm not SO THERE.

its funny how life is where everyone just gets too busy to get together. sucks, but its life

5:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you certainly had a lot to say today, rocks. Which is awesome. Try working with new people in a deli...derrr city. At least you have a PROfession. I have a SUPpression - meaning I try to keep it to myself so no one laughs.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home