Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What's Up With Me

A week ago on Thursday my grandma died. My favorite one. I know you shouldn’t have favorites but everyone does and if they say differently they’re lying! I also found out at the same time that my other grandma is at the hospital in critical condition. They say things come in threes so I’m waiting for more bad news. I called my friend crying I think that night. I don’t cry. She must have been really concerned since I never do that. It was good that I was able to talk to her though and just have someone to talk to.

Then on Friday when I got to work I had an email from another friend asking if we were going to hang out. I thought about it and decided I just wanted to be alone. But when she found out about my grandma I had no choice in the matter. She and I were to hang out, watch movies, and have a “sleepover”. I didn’t really want to but you can’t argue with her. And now I’m extremely glad she did that. It really helped to have someone to talk to and just keep my mind occupied instead of sitting around thinking about my grandma. She really knows me well. It’s nice to have friends who know you sometimes better than you know yourself. She’d better since we’ve been friends since the summer of grade 5.

On another note I recently realized I have a nickname. My name isn’t one that a nickname is easily made from but I just realized someone at work was calling me a nickname. I never even noticed until now. So now I can say I actually have a nickname. And Sissy that one you call me doesn’t count since we were sitting around talking about it and you just started calling me that name because I said I didn’t like it. SO THERE! My best friend doesn’t even have a nickname for me lol so it’s funny. And I find it funny that I just noticed because this chick has been calling me this for a long time now. I think its because its so close to my actual name that I never really paid that much attention. And no i'm not going to tell you what it is!

Right now I feel extremely tired and worn out. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to work today, who knows.

6 Comments:

Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

IT IS NOT A NICKNAME!!!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rocks, I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmothers. Honestly. I hope you're doing well. Here it is I'm bitching and moaning about a stupid chapter I wrote, and I hadn't even read your blog in a couple days to see that more important things in the world are going on! If you want to chat about anything, email me...seanlets@yahoo.com....it's on my blog, so I don't mind it being posted here. Hang in there!!!!! Hugs from your Fellow Blogger.
Sean

9:44 AM  
Blogger Beezaleez said...

I wish I could give you a hug right now. I hate being so far away when something so horrible is going on in your life.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know what to say either. Words just seem useless for things like this. So I'll just send some warm thoughts your way and hope they reach you.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma, rocks. Hugs to you.


nicknames are fun. will you give us a little hint? :)

10:42 PM  
Blogger M said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home